Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Become What You Make

I've been a little tired the past few days. I haven't been sleeping as much as I should. I was so busy with family stuff this weekend that I didn't even get to take a nap and I tried sleeping in on Sunday but was up at my usual time. So I'm determined to get 8 hours of sleep every night this week. 8 hours last night? Check.

Let's get right to it. Workouts for the week so far:

Sunday - 3 mile easy run followed by 2 1/2 hours on my mt bike.
Monday - 3 mile easy run, legs/arms/abs, and a 21 mile bike commute.
Tuesday - 7 miles w/ 3x1600s (and 6 hill sprints) anda a 15 mile bike commute.

The 1600s went really well (8:57, 8:51, 8:45) and the sprints were fun. I'm excited to see if they make me stronger. Along with the legs & core stuff, I think I'll be in better shape for the Lost Dutchman. Ive had more energy for my speed and tempo runs since I started doing a Gu & orange juice before them. I think the carbs help. I was not eating anything or drinking anything before and my legs would sometimes be noodly. But not anymore.

I'm listening to KT Tunstall's Tiger Suit and I really love the song "Push That Knot Away". These are my favorite lyrics in the song:
And in the morning, in the morning when you wake
It is a doorway for you to walk through to become what you make
And just remember you have heaven in your heart
It is inside you, and it will guide you so long as you listen hard

It's one of the reasons I like to run and/or ride so early in the morning. I think it's a great way to start the day and sets the tone for the rest of the day. I'm saying that a runner/cyclist is who I am and I'm going to live rest of the day as that girl. It affects what I eat, what I drink, how I think, etc. Off to bed now. My alarm is set for 4:30!

No comments:

Post a Comment