Sunday, November 28, 2010

Leap Fearlessly


I bought a small piece of art by Kelly Rae Roberts called "Leap Fearlessly". I've decided that's going to be my motto for 2011. I've been wanting to sign up for the Lovell Canyon Love Me Two Times Half Marathon (a half marathon on Saturday and then another on Sunday) and a 50K but I've been putting it off. This week, I'm going to sign up for the Lovell Canyon and get serious about finding a 50K to do. I just have to figure it I want to use the Seattle Marathon as a jumping off point or if I want to do one in the fall.

Now that I've decided to go for it, I'm kind of itching to do one sooner than later. The only thing is that if I do it right after the Rock & Roll Seattle, then I shouldn't push the pace at the Seattle and I do have my 4 hour marathon goal to consider. I have to think about that a bit. But I will definitely sign up for or pick a 50K by December 31st (in case I pick a fall one and registration isn't open yet).

Fear has been an on-going battle for me. It's the thing that kept me from living life. I know it's one of the reasons I used to weigh 300+ pounds. It was all about "what if I fail" or "what if I'm not perfect". Well I finally learned that I'm not perfect. No one is. And I'm okay with that. I'm even willing to fail. I knew that was a possiblity for the 10K yesterday. I could have blown up and ended up walking. But I went for it anyway and look what happened - a PR (I'm still excited about it! Woo!).

So no more fear. If there's something I want to do or want to try, I'm going to take that leap of faith without fear and reach for the sky.

Now for some stats...

Today I ran five miles in my Five Fingers on the bike trail and then rode my mt bike for 2 hours. Tired at the end because of the headwind but I felt better after I ate lunch so I decided to ride over to the mall to pick up Meb's book "Run To Overcome". Total workout time for the day 3hrs 45 min, most of it easy. It was a gorgeous day in So Cal. A little on the cold side (44 at the start of the run and 47 for the bike in the morning) especially with the wind but at least no rain!

Gotta go...need to download some fresh music for this week's 18 miler. I'm looking forward to it.

Leap Fearlessly!

No comments:

Post a Comment