Friday, May 15, 2015

Pixie Dust Challenge Weekend - Part 1: 46 going on 6!

Last weekend, I did the Pixie Dust Challenge at Disneyland. I ran the 10K on Saturday and the Half Marathon on Sunday. But first, I had a little fun...

May is my birthday month (May 19th!) and I decided to buy myself a So Cal pass for Disneyland/California Adventure for my birthday! I took last Friday off to go to the Tink Expo and then spent the rest of the day at the parks.

The Expo opened at 10 and I got to the parks around 9:30, wandered thru Downtown Disney (bought a hat), and then hit the expo right at 10. I picked up my bib for the Challenge and had my picture taken (so they can verify it was you who completed the challenge) and then headed up to the expo.

I was planning to be a fairy for both races and had the tutus and the capris I was going to wear. I had also brought tops but knew that the Raw Threads booth was there and hoped to pick up some new tanks. I found some cute tanks, some sparkly arm sleeves, and a Pixie Dust Challenge magnet.

(You'll have to wait for the next posts to see the others!) Then I got my pic taken with my wings (and my new hat):

And then I headed out. That may have been the shortest time I've ever spent in an expo but I wanted to get to the fun at the parks!

I went to California Adventure first because I have never been there. Well, I've run through it at the Disneyland, Avengers, and Star Wars Halfs but I have never actually been there to ride/see stuff. It was a lot of fun! I LOVED California Screamin' (rode it twice!) and the Tower of Terror! SO. MUCH. FUN! Thank goodness I survived cancer to get to ride them!


I also met a couple cool people while I was there.

And had a (huge!) corn dog for lunch:

I'd seen Corn Dog Castle every time I ran thru California Adventure and was totally craving one! I had it just before I went on California Screamin' for the second time. Luckily, there were no mishaps. ;) I wandered around a bit more and saw some shows and then left at 4 to check into my hotel.

Next up was Disneyland! Hi Walt! Hi Mickey!

I've been to Disneyland many, many times so decided to do some shopping and eat dinner and then watch the parade:



We don't often see the parade because we'd rather be riding rides but I was in a parade kind of mood. It was a fun parade. However, I HAD to ride my favorite ride - Space Mountain! The wait was about an hour but totally worth it.

After Space Mountain, I ran back to California Adventure to watch World of Color (very cool!) and then headed to the hotel. I had a race to get ready for in the morning!

So day one of my Pixie Dust Challenge was over and it was a lot of fun. I think if you go to the parks expecting the lines and the people and just relax and have fun, it's not bad at all. I love Disneyland! I always have fun there and I'm excited that I'll get to go back many times in the next year to celebrate the 60th Anniversary! Woo!

I hope you'll check back for parts 2 and 3! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment