Friday, August 3, 2012

Weave A Great Dream

“You have to spin a good yarn before you can weave a great dream.” ~Paul
In 36 hours, I will heading out at the start of the ET Full Moon Midnight 51K in Rachel, NV!!! I cannot tell you how excited I am about this! It will be like going home to the mothership. It’s a scifi geek girl’s dream. :)

I’m weird. I know. I’m okay with it.

The other day, Beth and Teal from @lifeisarun tagged me to reveal 5 things about me. These are the 5 things I chose:


Just a little FYI on them:
  1. The coyote paw print I’m getting after I complete the Javelina Jundred in October! I’m saying it now.
  2. I don’t let my fish issues keep me from swimming in the ocean but I have a problem with how suspiciously fish look at you, all fishy eyed with their mouths opening and closing!
  3. My coworkers hate me because I often remind them exactly how many days til Christmas. Lesson: never tell me your weaknesses!
  4. I was hoping to see Big Foot when my friend Toni and I went hiking in Seattle. It would have been soo cool! Alas, no Big Foot. But I did see a giant troll.
  5. I may or may not have a whip like Indy.
So, #4 above… that’s one of the reasons I’m so excited about this race. I’ve always believed or wanted to believe in magical/mysterious creatures: Big Foot, the Loch Ness Monster (I am SO doing that marathon for my 50th birthday!), mutants, and aliens. We CANNOT be the only intelligent life in this universe. Frankly, sometimes I wonder if we ARE intelligent life… but that’s a whole other post.

One reason for #5 (and #1) is that I’m extremely nosy, er I mean, curious about things. I want to KNOW the answers to EVERYTHING. Which is why my nickname in high school was Snoopy and why I wanted to be an archaeologist. And why I’ve always been curious about Area 51. Just what is going on over there? What are they hiding? Maybe I’ll find out during this run! You never know!

Ok, probably not. But still… it’s kind of fun to dream.

This post hasn’t had much to do with running except that I love the quote above from the movie Paul (who if I see hitchhiking, I’m totally giving a ride). As you know, my favorite thing about running is the adventures I’ve had/will have with it. It takes me places and lets me explore and puts me in a position to “spin a good yarn” so I can “weave a great dream”. Any hobby that does that is a keeper.

I am feeling really good about where I’m at with my training so I’m hoping to do some PR weaving this weekend. Wish me luck!

But for now, I’ve got to go because I still have my to-do list and important decisions to make for this race:
  • Headlamp or Knuckle lights?
  • Black skirt or blue?
  • Green socks or red calf sleeves?
  • Bottle or hydration pack?
  • Jeans or a flirty skirt… for the after party?

Priorities, right? Ha! ;)

Have a great weekend everyone. I wish I could tell you about mine but you know what they say… What happens on a spaceship, stays on the spaceship! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment