Thursday, July 12, 2012

Road Trip Weekend

Today is my Friday! Woo! I took tomorrow off to drive down to the Stonewall Half I'm running on Saturday. It's near Julian, an old mining town, and I've always wanted to see it. Race=perfect excuse!

The only problem is that I am supposed to do 20 miles on Saturday and 12 on Sunday. I was debating just switching them but Sunday isn't really good for 20 miles. Then I thought about adding 7 on to Saturday like last time but honestly, it wasn't fun to miss out on all the activities after at the Mojave Narrows. Oh, and we have to take a shuttle to/from the start and I think it would just not be fun logistically.

So I decided to mix up my whole schedule for the week. Today I ran 5K, tomorrow I'll run 20 miles, 13.1 on Saturday, and then do today's planned 8 miles on Sunday. I loaded up on the bike early in the week so I could skip the bike on Fri & Sat. Road trip!

I was feeling a little tired on Tuesday and Wednesday because I got up early for some hard/long runs. But this morning, I was dragging on my easy 5K! What's up with that? I think it was because I only slept 4 hours last night and slept restlessly during that. Actually, I haven't been sleeping properly for more than a week and that's a big part of the tiredness. Also, today, I got to work and realized I'd forgotten my glasses...epic fail! I had a headache by lunch and my eyes were really tired. I feel better now but really need to get some good sleep tonight.

One great thing about this week and next week...besides my trip...is that there are a few races going on and the posts leading up to it have been SO inspiring. First, there's the Last Annual Vol State 500K going on and Joshua is running it. He's already 57 miles in as I write that and that's on the first day! I can't wait to see how quickly he can cover 314 miles. Yes, you read that correctly. He's running 314 miles across Tennessee. How can I complain about my 5K this morning when he's doing 100x that! You can follow along at Run It Fast if you're interested. Both Josh and I will be posting updates there of how he's doing.

Two other big races are going on in the next few days too - The Hardrock 100 and Badwater. Both are filled with amazing runners who are also going to the extreme.

All 3 races make me want to do more, be more, and run more! They are helping me battle the tiredness with the excitement and inspiration of watching others run amazing adventures. Thank goodness. :)

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment