Sunday, November 20, 2011

Non Sum Qualis Eram

I used to be lazy. I used to be a night owl. I used to be fat.

Non Sum Qualis Eram.

I am not what I used to be.

Case in point: This morning, I ran 11 miles before work. Actually, my whole routine was:

Standard warm up
Ran 11 miles w/6 strides at an easy 9:37 pace
Myrtl (mobility routine)
Rode 9 miles to work

I also fed and watered my cat (his bowl, not the cat), changed his kitty litter, packed my lunch and my commute bag, and showered. I got up at 3:50 so I could be out the door by 4:15 and get it all done before work. I like to get to work at 7:30 so I have time to eat, catch up on twitter/facebook, clean up, and get spiffy by 8:00.

And honestly, this is a typical morning for me although most mornings start with the alarm going off at 4:15 or 4:30. If I run less, I ride more before work. Some mornings I replace the mobility with strength and/or core work but they are usually pretty full.

I don't even sleep in on the weekends. On Saturdays, I'm up by 4 to eat and let it settle before my long run. On Sundays, I “sleep in” til 4:30 or 5. Yeah, I'm nuts. I just like running in the early morning so there is less traffic.

No rest for the wicked!

And I was wicked. I ate too much, slept too little, sometimes drank too much, didn't exorcise, etc.

I think I can safely say I am not a lazy person anymore. I am happy to say I'm not fat anymore either! And since I'm asleep by 8:30 most nights, I am definitely not a night owl anymore.

I am so thankful that I am not what I used to be and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Happy Thanksgiving!

P.S. I'll be running 21 miles on Thanksgiving and I can't wait! And…I have a Turkey Trot 10K on Saturday. Wish me luck! Good luck to all of you running a Turkey Trot this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment