Friday, November 11, 2011

11 Favorite Things

On 10-10-10, I ran a 10 miler, a 10 miler, and a 10K all of which happened during the Mohawk Hudson River Marathon in Albany, NY. I thought it would be a fun way to celebrate a cool date.

I don’t have anything fun like that planned for today so I thought instead I would list my 11 of my favorite running gear items.

So without further ado...these are a few of my favorite things (besides raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens):

11. Moving Comfort Vixen Bra - I have 3 and I never leave home without them. They keep my girls bounce free, never chafe, are really comfortable, and kind of sassy. (Disclaimer - I do not look like this...yet.)

10. UnderArmour Ventilator II Hat – I have 2 of these, black & pink. I like them because they have a slightly smaller brim than normal, they are mesh so don’t get too hot, and keep my hair from sticking out all over the place! Trust me, without these, it would be a pretty scary sight to see me running down the street. (Oh my god, was that girl shocked or something…seriously, wild).

9. Moving Comfort Compression Shorts – I have a few pairs of these as well (hey, when something works, buy it in bulk! That’s my motto anyway). I love that they help my backside jiggle a little less. ;)

8. CEP Compression Socks – I have 4 pairs (2 black, green, & pink) of these and I wear them on long runs and after for recovery. They make my legs feel like they are being hugged and I really think they help my legs during and after the run. Besides, who doesn't love a good hug, right?

7. Garmin 205 – It's an oldy but a goody. I've looked at the some of the newer versions but I really like all the features on this version so I haven’t upgraded. I don’t use it on every run but I am a numbers geek so I do wear it for about 95% of them. Especially since I have no concept of time or distance while I'm running! Plus, it saved my hide once when I was on the trail and couldn't remember which way to go and used the Return To Start feature. Love that.

6. Ultimate Direction Bottles – I have 2, a 10 oz and a 20 oz. The 10 oz is perfect for a half marathon or less or if you know you can fill up along the way. The 20 oz has an awesome nozzle and is great for long runs & marathons.

5. RunningSkirt Skirts – I have 3 of them and they are really cute and have two great Velcro pockets for storing food, keys, mp3 player, ID, etc.

4. . Altra Intuitions – Super comfy, zero drop, great fit on my wide foot, and still some cushioning for long runs on the road. I've hit the trails in them too and they perform beautifully!

3. Athleta Endorphin Run Skirt – This is my favorite long run skirt. It has 5 pockets to store stuff and is super comfortable. I've worn it for marathons, on the trail, and I have a longer version I wear around on the weekends.

2. GoSportID ID – I never leave home without this. I wear it 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I love that I can wear different colors but most of all, I feel good knowing if anything should happen to me, I'll be good with my ID.

1.Altra Eves – In them, I feel light and carefree and natural. They really make me concentrate on my form and I'm immediately aware when my form heads south. Running in them is the best feeling in the world and I can't wait to build up my mileage in them!

So that's my list of favorite things. I could only include 11 things in my list but I have a new favorite that I'm sure will be added to this list in the near future. I just bought one of their shirts last month and I have two more on the way. I love the designs on these and their reflectivity. So an Honorable Mention goes to Vira Wear! (the Tribal 26.2 & Warrior Hear designs)

2 comments:

  1. Oooh thanks for the post I have been looking for items to put on my Christmas wishlist and thanks to you I have found a couple Virawear items I wouldn't mind finding under the tree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn, I scanned down to the bottom to see if Predawn Runner was number one. It looks like it's mostly women's running clothes though. Maybe I'll just have to wait around for the 12-12-12 list.

    ReplyDelete